Re: [IP] Kidney dialysis -was -RE: Children Pumping and me venting

And if you cannot live at home while on dialysis well you lose even more.
My mom's kidneys are failing. She will soon be on dialysis. but she will
have to go to a nursing home. And dad will lose the house because that is
the law. So there is alot more to lose than insurance when one is in thier
older years. In Illinoise you cannot place that in a trust. All thier hard
work and saving money to pay for a nursing home? too sad.
The home will have to be sold and the money given for her care. And dad
will have to find a place to live. He is welcome to come here but that is
900 miles away from his wife. 5q yrs together and all they will be
experiencing is losses- not just health wise but financial.
Somehow it isn't right that elderly people have to loose all they have
worked hard for all thier lives. So it goes beyond insurance. BTW- the
company he retired from has provided insurance at a huge monthly cost but
still less then what it out there but now to cut back it appears that thier
insurance will be taken away from them because the company is greedy. And
who will take on 2 people with severe pre-exisiting conditions? Mom and dad
are conservative people and have turned down costly tests so they wouldn't
cost the insurance so much. I told them they ought to go on welfare- after
all they paid into it all these years. and they are ones who will need it.
Just wait til the baby boomers get to retirement age.
email @ redacted