Re: [IP] Ace inhibitors

Type IIs are very much at risk for kidney problems. My mom has moderate
kidney damage and is spilling a large amount of protien and is also on ACE.
Soon it seems she will be on dialysis. tomorrow she has laser surgery on
both her eyes which the doc said could be from the kidneys and not from the
diabetes alone. please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She is on
borrowed time as one of her arteries that was fixed 3 yrs ago is now
blocked again as well as an artery to her brain and to her kidneys. The
plan was to put shunts in but the dye would do more damage to her kidneys
so nothing can be done.
Diabetes is called the silent killer..it takes life slowly without one even
knowing it until it is too late. Soon my mom will be gone. It is extremely
difficult to watch this happen. Maybe she can be on dialysis..we don't even
know that yet til more testing is done. It will be really hard on her.
So I try to take care of me but I also have other health things that
require prednisone..so I am caught between a rock and a hard place.
Anyway..please keep my mom in your thoughts. Friday is the day..
PS she is on an ACE in hopes it will keep her kidneys from getting worse as
well as lasix so they can get flushed. She has to drink alot of water. It
is really really hard on her as she know this isn't easy. She is also on a
low protien diet. I have to find one for her she will be able to enjoy.