[IP] Re: Ace inhibitors...also a question

Renee said:
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 22:14:07 EDT
>From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Ace inhibitors...also a question

    I can't do anything to assuage your resentment against the former endo,
BUT I can do something to alleviate your anxiety about the 600 mgs. You
that's a big number - try the 2600 mgs that my 14 yr old daughter had 3 yrs
ago!!! That was a rebound after 2 wks on zestril (another ACE inhibitor)
during which her 1200 mgs of protein jumped to 1500 mgs 10 days later. Her
endo doubted it was due to the ACE inhibitor, but just in case, he took her
off it for 2 wks & it soared to 2600 mgs - which is probably where my pulse
was when he told me that over the phone!!!
   The happy postscript is that she was then put on Vasotec (2.5 mgs slowly
increased up to 10 mgs daily) & 9 months later her 245 hr urine was 288
mgs!!... one year later it was 300 mgs & this past spring it was 166
    Sweet dreams! Hope this made you feel better....and now you see why I
make such a pest of myself playing "Paul Revere", warning about the
of 24 hr urine checks!

Regards, Renee (Melissa's pump-mom & advocate..pumping 4 yrs +)<

Thank you!  Thank you...yes it does make me feel better.  I was afraid to
even ask about the numbers and what they meant.  It has been in the back of
my mind all the time since I found out what normal should be.  I will
certainly sleep much better tonight.

I am happy for Melissa that she was able to improve her numbers so much and
thank you for telling me about it.  Her experience is so encouraging to me.

I agree about the 24 hour urine test and have since found out that, at least
here in the state of RI, people with Diabetes are entitled to one a year.  I
have learned so much since having a new doctor...especially that Diabetes is
NOT a 'Let's wait and see" situation.

Thanks you and I will have sweet dreams tonight!

My Home Page
Painter, Poser, Expression,  WET Images, MidC Images