<< "Melissa Howell" <email @ redacted>
 I just got to work this morning and my boss brought me in a piece of
 homemade peach cobbler.  Within 5 minutes I have been questioned by
 about 10 people if I should eat that because I am diabetic. >>

My standard answer is to explain to people that all foods convert to sugar
inside your body. When they eat something -- anything -- their bodies
automatically release insulin to get the sugar from the blood into their
cells: I do the same thing, only mechanically.

My answer when I'm feeling "snarly"is to tell them that I'm an adult and will
do as I please.

Jan (and Elvis)