[IP] Re: benzoin tincture

I passed along the benzoin tincture tip to my friend here in town
whose son is a pumper (and is having trouble getting sites to
stick), so she recently went out and bought some. The first time
she tried it she said it wasn't sticky AT ALL but it immediately
made the site come OFF. (I use it on my daughter and it works
fine, so at this point I'm stumped as to why it wasn't working
for her.) Turns out, she didn't let it dry first, not even a
little bit. She put the tender on while the tincture was still
wet!!! (Now, we had discussed it before and I had said when it
dries it leaves a sticky residue like the IV prep so given that,
I didn't figure I needed to remind her to let it dry first. I
guess she forgot that part!) :)

Take care, Kerri, alulitsuti (mother of many children)
"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me;
I may not follow. Walk beside me that we may be as one." Ute