(Fwd) Re: [IP] Breast Sites

From:          "Vixen" <email @ redacted>

> wow good for you I have been on the pump 11 yrs and boy the stomatch site
is
> wearing thin .. keeps getting infected sites I move but am afraid to try
> anywhere else I will have to try :-) Julie P.

Julie,

A few weeks ago I decided it was well past time to give my poor
stomach a break, & got up the nerve to try a leg site.  I'm not sure I
understand the whole psychological thing that made this so
scary...these are the same legs I've been giving shots to for years!
Still, something about the whole idea was really unnerving...it's
always felt best to "play it safe" & stay where the trainer had first
taught me to do it, & where I knew it worked.

A few people on the list were kind enough to send me very specific
instructions about the leg placement that works best for them.  I
finally worked up the courage & did it...& it's wonderful!!  My
numbers were great, set stayed put with no problems, all was
comfortable - amazing!  (I don't know what kind of disaster I'd been
expecting!)  I even found that, for me at least, there was not the
major difference in absorbtion rate I had thought there would be.

I really do understand the whole "afraid to try anywhere else"...but I
will tell you, once you can get yourself past that, the results can be
SO worthwhile.  (Haven't worked my way up to being part of the Breast
Brigade yet...but I have hopes!)

Sammi