(Fwd) Re: [IP] Children Pumping

From:          "Ryan Suchy" <email @ redacted>

Susan,

The Mini-Med is the only pump with a child block.  Disentronic and the
new Animas both really on a feature which allows you to set a maximum
amount of insulin that can be given in a certain time period.  For
example, you can have the company program the pump to allow no more
than 3 units in a three hour period.  That is their "child lock". Only
the company can change this. Mini-med has a child lock.  I am not sure
exactly how it works but you can call them and ask.  I know all three
companies, including Animas have videos out now, because I have all
three of them.  We are researching pumps also. When you talk to the
pump companies, they will explain the above, but the bottom line is,
only the Mini Med has an actual child lock....

Kristin