(Fwd) [IP] insulin cost

From:          "JHughey" <email @ redacted>

>>Dr. Bender wrote:
I can't believe that Tincture of Benzoin is soooo expensive. <snip>.
Everything Medical has gotten so expensive it is crazy. In the first
days of my diagnosis I recall paying only about $7.00 for U-40 NPH.
Now that insulin is made synthetically it has tripled in price- that's
progress.>>

I remember paying $2.83 a vial of u40 or u80 insulin for years. Sen.
Estes Kefauver wanted to get it to the same price as a pack of
cigarettes. Wow, smoking would be cheaper than DM now - except for the
cancer treatments. YMMV

Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C, 3/99)
webpage http://maxpages.com/bludasue