Re: [IP] Re: Time it takes for delivery

At 09:41 PM 07/05/00 Keith Johnson wrote:
 >Recently Diane (and several others) claimed:
 >>My 508 delivers 0.1u per second. So did the 507C that I used.
 >I've heard this several times, but I still have trouble
 >believing/understanding (take your pick) it. Certainly my 507C delivers 0.1
 >unit with every _click_, but I never hear it go at a rate of one click per
 >second, either while bolusing or priming. I keep forgetting to actually time
 >it while bolusing, so I can't tell you how fast it really goes, but several
 >seconds elapse between clicks, I'm sure.
 >Are you folks overclocking* your pumps  :-)  or am I missing something
 >simple here? (wouldn't be the first time).

I don't know how to over-clock my pump... let me know if you find out. <vbg>

Actually I find the MM delivery rate good sometimes... I've bolused and
then realized that I'd made a mistake and have been able to stop it before
it got too far. So this can be a nice safety feature... otherwise, I don't
really pay much attention to it anymore. I can't imagine that a minute one
way or the other makes a lot of difference for most people.