Re: [IP] Children Pumping

Dear Grand-mom to Cory,

I am not sure about the lock feature on the different pumps
available.  You might want to contact the pump manufacturer for an
answer.  I would think Cory at 10 would be old enough not to
accidentally bolus.  It is a deliberate action.  First you press
select, scroll to bolus and press activate, then punch in the amount
to bolus and then press activate.  Noah started pumping at 12 and
never had any problems with anything pump related.  We started pump
therapy during the summer so Noah would have some time getting
adjusted before starting school.  By the time school started, he was
very comfortable in doing his own boluses.  The only school-related
problem we had was his pump came out during gym class due to
sweating.  I had given the school nurse typed instructions so she
could supervise Noah putting a new system in.  It worked out fine.
He didn't feel it was necessary, it was just an extra precaution.
Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide.

Cindy, mom to 13 y/o Noah, dx at age 9, pumping since 7/99