[IP] insulin lasting in reservoirs - 3 days? +?

< I have always been told 3 days.>

Saw some posts asking about site changes (3 days ++++) and wanted to share a
thought. My sites last 3 or 4 days. Have been on pump since Feb. 2000 and was
told to change 2-3 days. I think brand newbies should follow the protocol
(Dr. instructions), just to be safe. And by 4 days I have to change because
it just starts to itch and bother me (lugging my toddler around seems to wear
down my sites).

2-3 days are recommended to be cautious. New pumpers MAY be running high bg
before pump and infections are associated with higher bg. This was my
experience. My bg are much better now. It is probably not good to say a brand
new pumper can go a week without a change. I think some people are more prone
to infection and new pumpers need to go slow . An infection during the first
month of pumping would really discourage someone.

Nothing wrong with either approach (less frequent sites means less markings
on the bod and those good sites are sooo nice.) Either must done carefully
and with knowledge of how one's body responds.

Just my humble and neurotic opinion,
Beth H.