[IP] Re: Humalog & Infusion Sets

  Linda wrote: After first trying more elaborate cleaning
    rituals, I discovered I could almost always prevent the irritation if I
    inserted through Tegaderm HP tape.  If I also add some IV3000 tape over
    the non-disconnecting side, my sites always look really good.

I do have fairly elaborate cleaning rituals, wash hands and site, use hand
sanitizer on my hands and site, often more than once.  I used IV3000 above
and below the site.  It just always seemed to hurt.  I would insert it and it
would hurt then I would try to leave it in a while to see if it really wasn't
that bad, but it usually was.  It hurt to sleep on my stomach sometimes when
I would go ahead and leave it in.  It was never infected or had any puss,
occasionally I would have a bump, but that wasn't a big deal.  Maybe the
angle wasn't right, although I did have a friend show me how. I have a couple
of layers of fat so I know it didn't go into the muscle.  Maybe on the "where
I put my site" page we could get some pictures of people actually inserting
their site, so we can get a better idea of what angles people are talking

Christine, type I, 25 years, pump for Christmas
       The best part about procrastination is that you are never bored,
       because you have all kinds of things that you should be doing.