Re: [IP] survey about catridge filling

> I want to survey users to learn about glass versus plastic.  Maybe this
> could be included on the i-p pages.
>
> What do you know about the difference between the cartridge materials?

I used the old glass pump resevoirs and had endless problems with them.
Haven't ever had a problem with the plastic ones.  Could partly be an updated
engineering thing though more than glass vs. plastic.  At the moment, given my
life, the lighter weight of plastic and the lack of breakability are key
factors I wouldn't swap.

>  When you fill your pump cartridges with insulin, do you empty your entire
> insulin bottle?

No

> That is, do you fill three cartridges in one sitting and set aside or
> refrigerate the unused cartridges, or do you fill just one cartridge at a
> time, setting aside the 1/3-2/3 used insulin bottle until the old cartridge
> is spent before filling a 2nd or 3rd one?

Only one cartridge -- I use between 20 and 35 units a day so it can take a long
time to use up a cartridge.

> What kind of pump do you use?

Minimed 507C

> If Disetronic, do you use plastic or glass?

Ruth