[IP] RE: time to change (lancets, pumps)

>>Another reminder goes out to all the H-tron pumpers.  Disetronic
recommends a semi-annual switch between pumps (snip)...>>

   I've never before heard this advice about switching pumps every six
months. I thought it was a matter of preference and mine was to wait until
check-up time (which won't come for me for another 14 months) or until the
back up was needed if pump 1 required  repair. What is the semiannual change
recommendation based upon?

Also,Thanks, George, for the lancet reminder.
   I finally changed my lancet last week after I noticed it was poking  into
my finger but not coming out again. ;^P