Re: [IP] Doing CGMS in Sept., Any Advice?

In a message dated 07/03/2000 11:12:57 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Jeanie, Tommy, I know you've done this==anyadvice on how to get the
 most out of it?
I did the CGMS about 10 days ago, but I just got my results this last Fri and
I haven't posted anything about it yet, because I am still befuddled (is that
the word I want?) about the charts and the results.

The process itself of getting hooked up and started was really not hard.
They put the "set" in with an inserter that works just like the soft-serter,
no biggie, didn't hurt.  I envisioned that a metal proble was implanted in
me, like a bent needle, but when they took it out, that wasn't the case at
all, just a plastic canula inserted at an angle like a sil.

The buttons on the CGMS are very similar to the buttons on a MM pump so they
were very easy to understand.  They gave me a cheat sheet.  You have to enter
in a code number when you eat (#1), when you exercise (#3).  Number 2 was
used to enter in insulin injections, but since I was pumping they didn't have
me do this.  All these code numbers do is enter an icon or marker on your
graphs when you print them out.  I forgot a couple times, but just entered it
on myself from looking at my logs.  So a meal goes like this.  Press a button
and enter your bg, press it again to tell it you are eating, then do your
pump stuff, then do your logging.  Kinda a lot of stuff, but worth it since
only for a few days.  I ended up wearing overalls (short ones) so I had
plenty of pockets to keep the stuff in.