[IP] Re: Cereal carbs

Recently Cindy explained, wrt. nutrition labels on cereal:

>The total carbs is what you go by.  Under total carb heading is the
>breakdown on carbs, i.e., sugar 12 g, other carbs 14 g.

And, just to make life interesting, I recently (finally!) found out that
fiber adds another complexity. If there's more than 5 g of fiber, you must
_subtract_ the fiber amount from the total carbs. It's included in the total
carbs, but since it isn't metabolized as normal carbs are, we shouldn't
include it in our pump calculations.

At least, that's how I understand it. But I'm still a little shaky on this.
If I'm off track here, please give us all an update! (not that this group is
all that reticent...)

Keith Johnson
Fleischmann Planetarium, Reno NV
email @ redacted
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."