Re: [IP] Freestyle Meter-BGs lower

On 3 Jul 00, at 13:35, email @ redacted wrote:

> I have compared the Accu Chek Complete with other meters and have found
> the same results. It seems to be 10 to 25 points higher. When I called
> Accu Chek about this, they told me that I shouldn't compare meters.
> Interesting, isn't it???

Particularly if the meters are different in that one is calibrated for whole
blood and the other is calibrated to serum levels.   There will always be a
difference between the two, it is to be expected.  From different websites I
found "FreeStyle measures whole capillary blood glucose and provides
plasma-calibrated results"  whereas  "Accu-Chek Complete is calibrated to
whole blood values"   Different meters, different measurements, expect
different results.