Re: [IP] Doing CGMS in Sept., Any Advice?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jenny Nash" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2000 11:12 AM
Subject: [IP] Doing CGMS in Sept., Any Advice?

> I just got the word that I'll be doing the CGMS in Sept. Anyone have
> any good advice? The dietician at the Diabetes Center told me to be
> sure and write down everything I ate and to "mark" when I ate on the
> machine. (I know very little about this thing, I'm trying to imagine
> it.)
> Jeanie, Tommy, I know you've done this==anyadvice on how to get the
> most out of it?
> Thanks,
> Jenny
> Jenny Nash
> email @ redacted
> Type 1 diabetes since 1/31/73, pumping on a D. since 10/3/95.
I was on the CGM in Feb-Mar. Since I was the first one for my Endo's office,
everyone was involved, MM rep, RNP, both Endos.

Keep as accurate record as you can of food eaten, carb count, time eaten.
Also amount and time of Bolus, Basil rates, etc. The more info you can give
to the Drs the better they can track trends, adjust dosages and timing.

Also get your own copy of all the graph printouts for your records. That way
they are available if you change endos.