Re: [IP] kidney infection

In a message dated 7/2/00 11:50:05 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< kidney infection?  Did it make your sugars go

really high and difficult to bring back down? >>

Yes, several a number of years ago (prepump), and the intractable blood
sugars (actually, this was in the days when they were measured by urine
tests) were always what identified it for me, they were so much worse for me
than with any other infection I ever had.   With me, at that time, it seemed
to take about 2 days of antibiotics before I could get low enough to be
functional - it was problematic in those days to take enough extra insulin to
get to normal levels.  You are being treated, I hope?  Kidney infections are
serious stuff.

Linda Z