Re: [IP] pumps and dogs was (RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V4#295)

There is a slight comparison Ginny.  However, many can disconnect from the
pump.  For instance, when I am at the gym I disconnect for the entire 2 hours
(otherwise I go really low).  I also disconnect in the shower.  I take .2 to
cover the time I will be in the shower, drying off, applying lotion etc etc
etc.  I can understand Dr. Ponder wanting teens and kids to understand it is a
full time job to have a pump but so is diabetes.  Whether you have a pump or are
taking insulin via syringes it is there.  Maybe diabetes is like a dog on a
leash but the pump really isn't for some of us.
Santana