[IP] kidney infection

Has anyone here ever had a kidney infection?  Did it make your sugars go
really high and difficult to bring back down? I have done 75 units today
and my usual is 40-45.  I still haven't been below 250 since yesterday
morning.  I just picked up my prescription today.  If it were only for the
infection I'd go to work tomorrow because I already missed Friday, but with
my bg's so crazy and I already had ketones once today... I'm worried.  And
of course this is the first time my parents have gone on vacation in over a
year.  I've never had this before so any comments would be appreciated.