Re: [IP] Re: Transplant

I would like to echo your thoughts about the anti-rejection drugs.  I have a
family member who has been on them for 12 years.  She had a pancreas-kidney
transplant.  The anti-rejection drugs, although better than they used to be,
still take a terrible toll on your body.  Transplants buy an unknown quantity
of time; and the quality of time is variable.  Many people underestimate the
downside of any transplant.  At least with a pancreas transplant, you don't
have diabetes on top of it.