Re: [IP] Pumping and Surgery

> although they usually let "normal" people go home the same day.<
Jennifer Sutherland wrote
> "Normal"? I've never been 'normal', LOL!<
By "normal" I meant non-diabetic
> What is the packet? Istructions and such?<
I expect it's two things. First it will put in writing what I have already
been told over the phone, like surgery is scheduled for 4PM so be there to
check in at 2PM and don't eat for 8 hours before surgery. Second I suspect
there may be some other details that I'm not familiar with yet.

This is not my first experience with surgery as a diabetic.
1963-appendectomy, 1970-L hip fracture with internal fixation, 1971-remove
internal fixation, 1986-R hip fracture with internal fixation, 1986-remove
internal fixation, 1988-R kneecap fracture and L wrist fracture. All this
was pre-pump. The pump should make a big difference if they will let me keep
it going. I'm going to check my endo on Monday, if he's there, or else on
Wednesday. I have no hesitation to use taxis, but I'm under the impression
that they may not allow release without escort. Such info is probably also
included in the packet mentioned above.

Thanks for your kind thoughts.
Tom Beatson