Re: [IP] Need to know the name of the things to keep insulin cool

I've used a product made by a company called "Frio". Frio Cooling Products
is in Pembrokeshire, U.K. They make a variety of cooling products in
different sizes, styles.

The product I use is approximately 3" x 7.25" when closed. It will hold two
Disetronic cartridges, or two bottles of insulin, or a combination of
these. You place the Frio in cool water for several minutes, and the
material inside "expands". The cover is designed to breathe, helping keep
the insulin cool. This same product can also be used to keep things warm,
but I don't want to do this with my insulin.

I discovered if I place the cooling "sleeve" in a dish with ice water for
several minutes before using it, rather than just using cool tap water, the
Frio will keep my insulin cool for up to one week when I leave it sitting
on a desk or table (such as in a hotel room when traveling). I haven't
tested the inside temperature to measure exactly, so like all experiments,
proceed with caution until you're certain.

In retrospect, I might have chosen one of the larger size cooling
"wallets", it to carry my entire pump when outside in extremely hot weather.

I ordered the product over the Internet some time ago. I think this link is
still valid:  http://www.friouk.com/

Bob Burnett
mailto:email @ redacted