Re: [IP] I'm So Mad at Disetronic!

At 1:35 PM -0700 7/1/00, Jennifer Sutherland wrote:
>Yes, unfortunately I too cracked a case as I tightened the batteries too
>tightly. What I did though is --sounds silly, stick a piece of
>waterproof tape over the two battery compartments...Put your new batts

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the tips--those are some good ones. I *think* I will try
them, although, since I will be down to one pump, I'm a bit leery of
taking any chances--the first sign of a problem is likely to be a
pump that doesn't work.

And I think you're right about letting someone at Disetronic know
about the rude tech. I did get her name, so I may just write a letter
and let them know that I don't think her behavior was the best.

I wish I'd know it was possible/likely to crack the 03 chamber while
tightening the battery. Every conversation I've had with their tech
dept., when they're telling you how to do any procedure that has to
do with putting in a battery, they always emphasized making sure the
battery is very tightly screwed in. I've never had a single person
caution me about the possibility of cracking the case by tightening
the battery.

Oh well, live and learn. :-/

Jenny N.

Jenny Nash
email @ redacted
Type 1 diabetes since 1/31/73, pumping on a D. since 10/3/95.