Re:[IP] Pumping and Surgery

I have been closely following this sequence of messages on pumping and
surgery for the past week because I am scheduled for laparoscopic hernia
surgery on 7/13. I am at a loss to pick someone to be with me before and in
recovery because I live alone and don't have any local relatives. I have a
lot of questions to ask my endo. I understand that the endo has been in
touch with the surgeon, but I don't know YET what the detailed plans are.

I have been pumping for almost 5 years with a MiniMed 506. I have received a
copy of Pumping Insulin 3rd Edition, and had the 2nd Edition before that.
Right now I am trying to fine tune my basal rates (I currently have 5 in my