[IP] Re:Good Hospital Stories

In a message dated 6/30/00 11:38:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  Our hospital just had  a 10 year old pumper in for a non-diabetes
 related problem.   >>
 >>The child's sugar was stable through her surgery, and her post-operative
 we really ought to counterbalance some of the horror stories with the
success stories.>>

Oh yes, That is the story I wanted to hear!
Anyway, this stupid injecting with NPH and H isn't working at home - so
something has got to be better!  Last night he went to bed with a 240 @ 9pm
-- took 1/2 unit less of NPH due to the fact he frequently is in the 50's -
60's at dawn -- rechecked at 12:30 am and he was 435 -- at 7 am he was 58!
He doesn't usually go quiet that high during the night - but always goes up
unless I add H with that bedtime shot.  Everyday, he is high at dinner -- no
matter how much NPH he takes in the am.  I will be so glad to get rid of that
stuff!  Then if he ever has to go to the hospital I will have all the
knowledge that I have gathered here and hopefully be prepared to experience
one of those good hospital stories!
Grand-mom to Cory
age 10 ~ dx'd 12/28/98