Re: [IP] pumping for surgery

In a message dated 7/1/00 1:00:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< Do not be scared.  Take charge.  tell your endo what you want him to put
 the letter.  Do not be afraid to speak up.  We have rights as patients to
 make sure our health is NOT compromised! >>
Sara (SP):
     This should be emblazoned everywhere!! Can't be repeated often
enough....all I'm hearing lately are more & more "horror stories", from even
the best docs' offices. Incompetence is quickly becoming the accepted "norm"
- not so much from the harried docs, but from lackadaisical staff. DO NOT...I
repeat..DO NOT..."assume" things are being done correctly. My "dual advocacy"
work in both the diabetes & breast cancer communities has eroded my faith in
the "system", since it's not the same old "system" it used to be! Yesterday I
received a 3 page fax of someone's lab work (complete stranger, as was the
doc's office). Called the office to tell them the designated recipient never
got the fax. I was greeted by EIGHT voice mail prompts for everything BUT
"press #1 if your newspaper didn't arrive today"! I decided to press #2 which
was "if you're a doctor wishing to speak to one of our doctors", figuring
that one at least would get me to a real person. Would you believe what I got
instead was a message saying" please leave a message..someone at the front
desk will return your call within FOUR HOURS!"...Needless to say I left QUITE
a message, and hung up shaking my head in dismay, especially since the
patient's lab tests were mostly out of range!! GRRRRRRRRR.......

Regards, Renee (Melissa's pump-mom, who needs to get a larger soapbox)