Re: [IP] transplant

In a message dated 7/31/99 7:08:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<   I have read about an
 80% success rate.   >>
Just out of curiosity what happens to the 20%.  I went to Borders and checked
out the Showdown to Diabetes.  I was dismayed that the author who went
through a failed transplant and four months in the hospital (leaving much
worse off then before) thought it was worth trying again.  Maybe I haven't
gotten to the point where I think it is that bad, but to me to lose four
months in a hospital, being away from my children and risking death, isn't
worth it now in my life.  I found it amazing what she went through.  I
remembered someone saying that in Steel Magnolias it doesn't happen like that
(failed transplant) well I would rather go quickly than suffer months of
agony for it to only fail.

I will stick with my pump it seems a better alternative right now for me.