Re: [IP] Pre breakfast highs

Ginny,

Soups digest fast so they will tend to send your bgs up pretty quickly.  As
long as you are covering them with ample insulin that should be fine.

Sounds like illness and/or medication are making you insulin resistant.  You
may need to be more aggressive.   If a basal rate of 1.4 is still proving too
low, try upping it to 2.0, and doing tests every 1/2 to hour for a day or
two.  Whenever you identify a pocket of the day where you start to go too low,
lower that particular segment of basal rate (you have to play with this but if
you keep good records and calibrate the carbs you take at 80 for a low to the
drops it will at least move you close to the right place quickly).  Then, you
can go through and do more standard basal testing over a longer period.   The
2.0 idea is not a good one if you can't test religiously or if your activity
is varied or if you are somewhere you can't quickly and easily id lows and
treat them.  It will get them down though.