Re: [IP] setting basals...we are confused!

Michael wrote:

> > I would like to know how many basals people are programming.

I have had everything from 2 to 10 at various times, 3-7 are the most
constant #s, with 3, 4, & 5 sometimes being the number for as long as
several years at a time and for by far the most # of years (I've had a
pump for 17 1/2 years).  The bottom line is basically that it is too many
if they are not constant and really needed (it can clutter things up) but
there are also times when definite shifts are really there -- for
instance, last semester, I discovered that my bgs dropped consistently
from 7-8:30 regardless, rose from 8:30- 10:00 almost all the time, always
the first hour, and begin dropping preceipitously at 11:00 (AM).  Thus, I
think I ended up with 3 or 4 basals for that time frame and it fixed
months of bg problems.  So, if it really truly works, use it.  Watch out
for formulas, just be sure you can document how you know!

Good luck,