[IP] setting basals...we are confused!

OK,  we go one month setting what we think are correct basals for my
daughter and we then see the endo yesterday.

our team seemed to concur that I had way too many basals.  sometimes one
every hour.  they told me that we should have about two or three at most.

so, all my nightly pokes were in vain.  here I thought we were so close.

I would like to know how many basals people are programming.

midnight to 2 am
2 am - 8 am
8 am - 8 pm
8 pm - 12

the endo. group told me that it is better to have an almost even  basal
number throughout the 24 hr. period and control blood sugars with the bolus
, specifically the carb ration bolus.
so, now, we do a different 'insulin/carb ratio' for breakfast, lunch and

are you pumpers doing this too?

ruth and daughter geneva