Re: [IP] velosulin

> I am new at pumping.  I have never heard of velosulin insulin.  What is it
> and who uses it?

we just found out about it this week, after doing some querying online and
then of course getting on this mailing list!

just got our endo to prescribe it yesterday to mix with the humalog.  our
daughter, who is ten and on pump about a month, was having 'site
degradation' after only 2 - 2 1/2 days.  we could never go longer than this
without the sugars rising.

velosulin is a 'buffered regular' by NOVO NORDISK and pumpers are using it
mixed with humalog to help prevent this site degradation.
5 parts H to 1 part V

velosulin used to be used exclusively in pumps before they approved H for
use.  (correct me if I am wrong on this)

so..tomorrow we try the new 'cocktail' and I will report back to see if we
can go for 3-4 days without a problem.

by the way...our Ha1C came back at 8.4....down from 9.1 a MONTH ago!!!!

we are thrilled.  this is with a target of 150 and now my daughter is trying
a target of 130.

hopefully we will get down to 110 or less.

ruth in CA