Re: [IP] Tape and Seizures

hi melinda,

this is ruth, geneva's mom,  who has been on pump since june of this year
('99)

>     Well, here I am asking for help, yet again..... my 7 year old son
 dx'd
> at 19 months) is on the pump (since 5/10/99) and we are still having tape
> problems. This is the most frustrating part of the pump so far as we are
only
> getting sites to last 2 days if we are lucky.

you may be experiencing the the same situation that we are..."site
degradation" from straight humalog in the pump after 2 days.

according to all of the pumpers in cyberspace,  the answer lies in mixing a
'cocktail' of humalog and velosolin  insulins together at a ratio of 5 parts
humalog to 1 part velosolin.

we just got our prescription today from our endo for the velosolin....

will be attempting this mix in two days, when our daughter's blood sugars
skyrocket and it is time to change the site...despite the fact that most
pumpers can go for three to four days on a site!

this 'site degradation' is apparently a problem sometimes with many pumpers
on the humalog insulin alone.

good luck...we hope that this remedy will help our problem too.

ruth in CA

 Any help would be appreciated.