Re: [IP] Priming question

> Another question for you all!  I started using saline yesterday and
> am a little confused about priming the pump.  I am using tenders, if
> that makes any difference.  The rep told me to prime the tubing
> before I put the inserter needle on and bolus .05 after insertion to
> fill the canula with insulin.  Wouldn't it make more sense to prime
> the tube and the inserter needle so you wouldn't have to pump air
> into you?  Just wondering.

There are three steps involved

1) you manually prime the infusion line by pushing the plunger on the
syringe to push insulin into the tube and push out all the air.

2) after putting the syringe into the pump, you prime 5 units (about)
to fully engage the drive mechanism to the syringe.

3) after doing the insertion AND removing the introducer needle from
the set you must prime

0.5u      SofSet
0.75u    Tender/Sil/Comfort set

to fill the void displaced by the introducer needle