[IP] Good news and not so good news

Well, I took my son Josh back to his new endo today and she is going to start
the process of getting a pump.  He will have a four hour education session
and then he will take a pump home and wear it with saline for a few days to
see if he likes it.  If all goes well, he will get a pump of his own!!  The
bad news is that he has Grade I nephropathy due to his eight years of poor
control.  His old endo had never done a 24 hour urine.  Also, he had a venous
A1c done and it was 8.6.  It was 9.2 when he first went to this doctor July
8.  His former endo had done a capillary A1c a few weeks before we switched
doctors and it was 7.8.  I wondered how that could be correct when his blood
sugars were so out of whack, and now I know that the capillary A1c's are not
as accurate.   So, even though I am excited that a pump may be on the horizon
(at last), I am very upset about the lack of care he received before from a
well- respected pediatric endo.  His new doctor says she believes this
nephropathy is reversible and he will have another 24 hour urine done in a
month.  We will see how it goes- meanwhile, keep us in your prayers.
Thanks-  Annette
P.S.  For those of you who are from KY-  we live in Louisville.