Re: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #322/Bad Insulin

Kathy,  I had the same thing happen this summer.  I used a new bottle of
Humalog and my bgs were high.  I finally changed bottles and my bgs came down
to normal.  Sometimes I have unexplained highs, but this seemed different.
It was not a week before my period when I routinely go up.  It also was not
that high--200's, but I was taking alot of extra insulin.  This bottle came
from the frig so it was not heat related.  I have never had a problem with
Humalog going bad in my cartridge (even at the beach) and I use one cartridge
for about 11 days.
Anyway, I took the bottle back to CVS pharmacy and asked them if they could
test this insulin to see if it was bad.  They said they couldn't and gave me
another bottle.  I was disappointed because I really was not positive that
the insulin was bad.  I thought it was, but I wanted to be sure.  Wild
fluctuations in bg do happen to me occassionally.
My suggestion would be to try a new bottle and see what happens.