[IP] Pump choices

Stop agonizing!  There are so few choices in life where you CAN'T GO WRONG!
There are slightly different features on the two brands of pumps, but both
work well, do what they're supposed to do, and the companies both have good
people and bad working for them.

My 10 year old daughter has had a Disetronic pump for 11 months.  We like it
because it is waterproof, and she loves long days at the lake, beach, and
pool.  It allows her to keep the pump on, and not have to worry about
periodically reconnecting to bolus.  It survived getting filled up with sand
at the beach.  And we do like having the backup pump if one goes down.

That said, I also have a little square wave/dual wave envy for pizza, and
even though Disetronics says that you can use the temp basal to do the same
thing, it just doesn't work out as well.

If you read the back digests, there are people who've had individual
problems with each  company, but the majority have had good service.

Both pumps let you use the same infusion sets, so disconnecting is equally
easy with either pump.

Flip a coin, say einie-meinie-minie-mo, or something, and good luck pumping!

Nancy Morgan, mom of Jenna, age 10 and pumping for 11 months with