[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #322

Suggestions Please:  After a week of having to lower my son's basals due to
low sugars, he is now going sky high.  I have raised the basals, have given
temporary basal rate increases, have changed out his site, etc.  The only
thing I wonder about is that he has a new cartridge that I filled from an
unopened bottle of humalog.  I carried that bottle with me while I traveled
and wonder if it has "gone bad".  The insulin brings him down eventually
though... if the insulin has gone bad, would it not work at all, or could
it be decreased in its action time, or what?   Thanks for any advice.