[IP] RE:(IP) Donating Blood

<< I asked at a local blood drive whether diabetics could donate blood and
they said no, because of harm to the recipient and to me.  They told me they
didn't want to risk anything and that taking blood from me would upset the
way the insulin was working in my system.  I would love to be able to donate
blood--help!! who is right?>>

Has anyone located a copy of the Red Cross policy ...in print...that states
this? Just a thought. I think I'll check on the Blood Bank of Delaware policy
and see what they have to say.
Barbara B.