[IP] Donating blood!!>>>???

Hi, I read your post and was surprised!  I asked at a local blood drive
whether diabetics could donate blood and they said no, because of harm to
the recipient and to me.  They told me they didn't want to risk anything and
that taking blood from me would upset the way the insulin was working in my
system.  I would love to be able to donate blood--help!! who is right?