Re: [IP] Who should represent diabetes

In a message dated 7/27/99 9:09:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Unfortunately, the media just wants a sensational story and of course
 the film makers in the case of the movie wanted to "juice up" the
 reality a little.   >>
Just a question here, but I believe that Steel Magnolias was based on the
book by Robert Hartling about his sister Susan's diabetes and death after a
failed pancreas transplant, am I wrong?  Maybe this is the way that she has
reactions.  I have epilepsy along with diabetes and suffer full blown
seizures during lows, we are all different.  Not to say that the movie didn't
bother me.  It certainly didn't give any positives or let the public know
their is another side.  However being the true story that it was I can't
fault them for telling it.