Re: [IP] need some advice

Hi Laurie-
I'm on the Disetronic not the MM, so it's probably different for you.  I don't know how long you've been carb counting- I started when I started on the pump, and found that I needed much less daily insulin than I did with MDI -multiple daily injections.  The fat could have slowed down your metabolization of the ice cream.  I personally would check these things.
1.) Basal rates at night.  There is a written protocol on how to do this.  Try the IP website if you don't know how.  If you know that you can go all night with the same basals and a stable am result , then

2) Check the quantity on the ice cream.  Not only amounts but also fats and proteins.  Ice milk will raise your bg, even without sugar in it, if you eat enough, and Chubby Hubby has enough fat in a half cup to slow your metabolism.  If all that's cool
3) I's suspect you overbolused and went low and rebounded.

It may be a combination of things too. Basal a little too high, a little too much icream, a little too much of a basal.

You need to log everything in the beginning, I think, so you get the hang of what your body does, check your BG A LOT and practice, practice, practice.  Now go get that ice cream!! LOL
Dianne