Re: [IP] Military ??

At 12:16 PM 7/27/99 PDT, you wrote:
>Hi! My name is Joleen.  I was in the Navy for 2 years and was discharged
>because I was diagnosed with Diabetes while in service.  At this time, you
>can not serve your country in the military if you have IDD.  It's a shame,
>because we could really contribute a lot to this country.  Take care!
 hey Joleen-

my father was in the army for 17 years and was diagnosed.  this was in
1990.  he had to go in front of the medical board, but because that was
about 9 months after he was diagnosed and he kept doing his job, TDY to
Haiti and Dom Rep, the medical board let him stay in for his 20 years.
maybe the army has different procedures than the navy.