Re: [IP] recordkeeping

Well that may work for some Jen, but I still view it as a chore.  For me a
necessary chore.   Since I see my endo so infrequently,  I actually use my
records to remind me of how good or bad I'm doing.  I find it more painful
to keep entering BGs that I know are too high.  Every time I go to write a
new one down, I'm reminded of how things have been going.   If I didn't
write it down, I'd surely be tempted to forget the bad.   And when I've
been good for a few days, then I actually do feel better.  Of course then
I'll often go down and celebrate with some Oreos (double stuff) and milk

<<<<<<<Just have to comment on all the hoo-hah about recordkeeping. . .
Keeping records just because you're "supposed to" is a waste of time!
Recordkeeping is a TOOL for tracking trends by which to make changes in
treatment.  Period.  I think it is very helpful in the beginning and when
you are making changes in treatment.  After that, if it works for you, you
should use it.  If it doesn't, you shouldn't.  And your doctor shouldn't
make you, unless she/he has a specific goal and has discussed it with you.
As a teacher, I'd suggest presenting it to children the same way, as a TOOL
that can sometimes help them.  I would suggest NOT presenting it as a chore
or a requirement.  We all hate things we feel we're being made to do.
Insulin and food are not negotiable, but recordkeeping is.
who kept meticulous (some would say anal. . .) records for years, then
realized there was no need to continue and let technology and experience
fill the gap>>>>>>>>>>