Re: [IP] My Great DAY and sorry I am not sicker

Thanks so much - I was glad to read some of your experience thusfar.  I
guess it hits close to home sine I was just put on ACE inhibitors last week.
  It was actuallypretty ironic how I found out I had low kidney filtration.
My husband and I have been discussing starting a family.  Appx 5 years ago I
was told that I had advanced stages of retinopathy and until it stablized I
should not consider having a child. Short of that I was in perfect health
and had the go ahead once this eye issue stablizes. The really scarey part
of this was I had just gone to the eye doctor only 3 months before this and
was told that my eyes were showing only slight traces of diabetes in them
and he was very happy with that since I had had diabetes for just over 18
years at the time. Well the retinopathy has become stablized.  My husband
and I decided a month ago that we wanted to start a family. We went to the
endo  and my OB/GYN.  They decided that a 24 hour urine catch/creatine test
needed to be done since the last one I had occurred about 15 months ago.
Low and behold, our worst fears have become reality.  We have been strongly
advised  to not have children since the effects of pregnancy could be
devastating not only to my health but that of a child's as well.  I am
devistated.  Not only can we no9t have children, but now I am faced with
finding out what stages I am at with kidney disease.  I don't know, I have
always been able to take things as they come with respect ot this disease
and deal with them, but this has been more difficult.  I keep going back to
my age and what should be!  I am 33 years old and should be looking forward
to having children and concentrating on raising a family, like the rest of
our friends.  I want to see what our child(ren) would be.  I do realize
there are alternatives, however, when considering adoption - How will my
health play into our chances of adopting a child?  Do you have any advise?
Any help anyone could offer would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Take care - Suzanne