Re: [IP] Carb-to-Insulin ratio

Michael wrote:

> The math that relates bg/carb insulin/carb bg/insulin simply forbids
> any variation and there is usually a darn good reason for the
> variation when you examine the details.  i.e. current thread about
> the "morning high" that is not dawn effect related.

I need the exact same 1:12 ratio for breakfast as compared to my 1:15
ratio for the rest of the day regardless of the amount of carbs in my
breakfast.  I also use the same 1:12 ratio for a mid-morning snack
if I have one.  This ratio works for weekends when I get up at 10 and
weekdays when I get up at 7.

> The math that relates bg/carb insulin/carb bg/insulin simply forbids
> any variation

I wish this were true for me.  10 gms of carbs will raise my bgs 50, a
unit of insulin will drop my bgs 60.  These and my carb ratios don't fit
the formula but my logs consistently show they work.  There are too many
variables I don't know to have one formula that works all the times.
Some days I really wish my body came with an owners manual with all the
answers :-).

Joanne