Re: [IP] Newbie needs help

hi Kathie . . .I am not on a pump yet . . but I do carbohydrate counting.
Maybe you should start out by trying to count the carbs in the veggies.
They are there, they just take a little longer to affect your blood sugar.
In general for non-starchy veggies (broccoli, string beans, summer squash,
etc.) it is 5 grams carb for 1/2 cup.  For leafy veggies it is even less,
like 3 or 4 per 1/2 cup.  For veggies like carrots or peas or other starchy
veggies it can be a lot more, which could add up if you eat a lot of them
and don't take any insulin . . .I have a small book that lists every food
imaginable including fast foods and veggies which is especially useful for
non-packaged foods. --Gianna