Re: [IP] Who should represent diabetes?

No Deb, she doesn't say that everyone will hit stage 4.  If you're lucky,
you'll never hit stage 3.  It is just a way to conceptualize how the disease
can play out over the long term.  This is a recent book, 1999.  You might not
agree with her view, but I do.  The author looked at others with many
complications and thought, "that will never happen to me, I take good care of
myself."  The fact was, it did happen to her and looking back she understood
how poorly she was educated about the secondary complications of diabetes.  I
thought it was a very good book.  ellen