Re: [IP] Who should represent diabetes?

Randy-
For as long as I've been reading posts from you on this list, I've admired your 'no nonsense' attitude and your willingness to continue to contribute to help others.  Just thought I'd throw that in there!

The more I read the posts from others on this list, the more I realize it's not just 'YMMV' but more than likely, "Your Mileage WILL Vary".  Even as we hear from new diabetics, newly diagnosed as Type 1 1/2 or 2 1/2 or 3, it appears that as time marches on we will continue to see 'new' categories of diabetics, some of whom may not resemble our own particular circumstances in the least.  As surely as we are all experts based on our own experiences, I have learned here that, we are all representatives of this disease - which just goes to underscore how truly complex this disease is.  Judging others based on our own personal experiences is not only a bad idea, it's a foolish one.  In truth we have little idea just how and why others are suffering.

Thanks for being there.

Dianne